Oliver John Webster
Born June 9, 2011
10:34 PM
6 lbs. 11 oz. 21 inches
This is probably boring for most everyone so don't feel obligated to read just enjoy the pictures. Today was a day just like any other. I had my to do list almost complete. I had been to the doctor on Tuesday and I was only between a 2 and a 3 and 75% effaced. The doctor asked me if I wanted him to help me along I told him no because I wanted to make sure my parents would be here to help with my other kids. He told me that if he saw me next week at my appointment then he would help me along. So I went back home. Well Thursday came and I was still pregnant. I spent the day finishing all of my Nesting to do list. At about 5 Matt came home, I made bread and breadsticks for dinner. At about 7:00 I ran to Staples to use my $3 off coupon. I had all these plans for errands that I needed to run on Friday. My parents were half way here and were spending the night in Grand Junction and would be at our house Friday afternoon. I knew that if I could make it to Friday afternoon then everything would be okay and I wouldn't have to worry about Reagan, Eli, Joseph and Peter. Well I got home from Staples at 7:30 at 7:45 I had my first contraction. I didn't think any thing of it and wasn't even thinking I was in labor. From 7:45 until 8:30 they were every 10 minutes apart. At 8:30 Matt started timing them and they were every 5 minutes apart. From 8:30 until 8:45 they stayed that way and Matt says to me we are going to the hospital. I told him no not yet. I wasn't convinced that it was the real thing and that I needed to go to the hospital. He told me if I didn't call someone to come and stay with the kids he was going to. So I called my dear friend Lisa. She told me she would be right over. that was at about 9:00 at 9:15 we left for the hospital. We left the door locked and told Reagan to look out the window and let Lisa in when she got there. She was there about 5 minutes after we left. On the way to the hospital my contractions were 2 minutes apart. Well I was starting to worry. The hospital is 10 miles away at my house. There isn't a real direct route to the hospital either. Basically we were on back roads. We got to the hospital and Matt wanted to drop me off at the hospital entrance. I wasn't having any of that. I made him park and I would walk in. Well we got up up to the Maternity ward at 9:30 PM. The guy that had to let us into the maternity ward was on his cell phone. Matt told him that I go fast and he would fill out any paperwork while they checked me. The guy said, " oh okay well just fill this out." As Matt is filling out this half sheet of information on me. another couple came in and said that she wanted to be checked. She was not in labor or if she was she wasn't that far along. They took me into triage. I layed on the bed and told Matt that they had better hurry. He walked out of the triage room and told the nurse that I went fast and needed to be checked. Another nurse walked into my triage room and asked me if this was my first. I said, "no, this is number 5." She then said, "oh well let's check you." She checked me and said, "sure enough you are in labor, you are at a seven. " at that point they realized they needed to hurry. She asked me if I wanted an epidural and of course I did. They willed me down the hall to a L&D room. It was about 9:45 at this point. I asked her when the anestiologist would be there. She said he was walking down the hall right now. While we waited she started my IV. the first place she tried she blew out of. the second time is the charm. All the while my contractions are getting closer and closer together. The Anestiologist was in the room by 9:50 and the epidural was in and dripping by 9:55. at 10:15 I told the nurses that I was feeling a lot of pressure. She went out into the hall and got Dr. Baer. He came in and checked me. He asked me if I was ready or if I wanted to wait 15 more minutes and let the epidural medicine have a little bit more time and give so I could give myself a little bit more of the epidural medicine. I said lets wait for one more dose of the epidural medicine. So at 10:30 I gave myself one more dose of the epidural medicine. Dr. Bauer broke my water. I pushed through two contractions and Oliver was born. This was probably my easiest delivery. I told Matt that if I ever do this again that if I was having contractions we were going to the hospital. 1 hour and 4 minutes after being at the hospital he was born. If I would have waited another 10 minutes I would not have been able to have an epidural. He didn't have a name until Saturday morning. Matt and I wanted a name that went with our other kids names, had meaning and wasn't necessarily a bible name. We had looked at family names and hadn't really found any that we loved. Well my friend asked me on Friday night while visiting what about Oliver? Matt and I thought about that all night long and really liked it. Oliver is a very peaceful baby and it is such a blessing to have a happy healthy baby here.
7 comments:
Congratulations!! Miss you guys! xoxo, Tonya
Congrats girl! He is beautiful, and holy 5 kids...you are a rock star!
So cute, congratulations, and the nurse in me loves the labor stories. Glad you made it to the hospital, that you got your epidural and that Oliver made it here safe and sound!
Congrats to you guys! I guess it's been a while since we got together, I'm not sure that I knew you were pregnant! Let's let our new little boys meet soon! Love ya!!
Congratulations! He is a cutie!!
Ohhhh Bethany! I can't believe your amazingly short delivery! I read your story and I am sooooo thankful that you could barely get our epidural in time!
I love all the pics of your kids holding Oliver! Soo sweet! It's fun to see pics of Peter, cause all I recall of him was a tiny baby still.
Congrats!
https://www.cekaja.com/info/8-cara-merawat-kaktus/
Post a Comment